The safeguarding Projects is child-focused and informed by the fundamental belief that:
- children have the right to physical and psychological safety at all times, and
- the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth is playing its part in protecting all children and vulnerable individuals.
The Safeguarding Project aims to:
- Raise awareness of our collective responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable individuals.The Safeguarding Project Aim
- The project will be informed by the 12 National Safeguards – Child Wise 12 Standards for a Child Safe Organisation
Why all children are vulnerable?
- Children are powerless, trusting and depend on adults
- Children are taught to obey adults
- Young children can’t assess adults’ motives
- Sexual abuse by adults is confusing
Safeguarding Officers at St. Mary’s Parish, Leedervile:
For more information, please click on the links below:
- Mr John Pintabona (Parish Pastoral Council –Chairperson.)
- Ms Adriana Coniglio (AP. Aranmore Catholic Primary School)